Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Very cool!

Hi Everyone,

God is very cool! Last week I was able to help out at Lighthouse Youth Ministries teaching the 10 to 18 year olds how to communicate their faith. Each day the number of students went up. We started on Monday with 26 and ended on Friday with 42. What a joy to see the enthusiasm of these young children of God.
Things at The Point are at anything but a stand still. This week we are calling incoming freshmen to invite them to be a part of The Point. They have also received two post cards from us this summer and will receive at least one more. I have I told you, I can't wait for everyone to get back to school!
The school year messages are just about ready to go - I am going to let some of our student leaders give any last directions they may have. The servant evangelism calendar for the school year is also set. Brochures and welcome packets are being made! Plans for the music ministry are also in full swing. I am so blessed to be a part of all of this!!
The synod convention is going on this week. Keep them in your prayers as tough decisions are being made. Thankfully God made the "tough" decision of sending his Son to be our Savior! I told you, God is very cool!
A big shout out to all who brought food for Samuel Odamah's farewell! Thanks for making the evening very special.
Last week there was the airshow on the Lakefront. As I looked into the sky I saw these amazing supersonic planes and their pilots doing incredible things. And then I remembered, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights." HE is truly amazing. So keep your eyes up and enjoy your week with Jesus!
See you this weekend :)

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment